*Ten Great Reasons to Choose Cork Flooring for Your Kitchen
Whatever room you are considering purchasing new flooring for there are many good reasons to consider installing cork floors. Here are ten of the best:
- Durability – Cork floors are remarkably durable and are great for rooms seeing a great deal of foot traffic. Despite the fact cork is a spongy substance it is, in actual fact every bit as hard as other hardwood flooring options.
- Comfort – Because it has extra “give”, cork is very easy on the legs and back if you have to stand for long periods of time.
- Elasticity – Cork has a natural elastic property means cork flooring retains it shape perfectly, even if a lot of pressure is applied to them.
- Noise Reduction – There is a very good reason cork floors have been a staple in libraries and hospitals for years as it is very quiet when walked on.
- Insect Resistant – Thanks to a naturally occurring substance cork contains, Suberin, cork flooring is insect resistant – a real bonus in warmer, buggier climates.
- Thermal Insulation – Cork flooring acts like a natural thermal insulator. It prevents heat loss in rooms and even body heat loss through the feet. A cork floor can go a long way towards helping to keep the room at an even, comfortable temperature.
- Moisture Resistance – Cork is highly resistant to moisture, meaning it is a great choice for those commissioning a basement remodel as well as for the bathroom and the kitchen.
- Heat Resistant – Suberin lends cork flooring a hand again when it comes to heat resistance. Again, this is very helpful when trying to maintain a constant temperature in the home.
- Beauty – Simply put cork floors are beautiful. Ranging in hues from light honey brown to a dark chocolate they add style, elegance and aesthetic appeal to any room.
- Eco-Friendly – Since only the bark of the cork tree is used to create cork flooring, the tree is not felled and can be harvested every five to six years. This makes cork flooring one of the most environmentally friendly flooring products on the market today.